SECTION 1: Collaborative Funding & Commercialization
SECTION 2: Advocacy, Education and Society
- Science Education as Science Advocacy: A Personal View
M. William Lensch, Ph.D.
- The Stem Cell Research Advancement Act: Finally Fulfilling the Promise
U.S. Representative Diana DeGette, Colorado
- The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine: A Unified Voice for the Regenerative Medicine Industry
Morrie Ruffin, M.A. and Elizabeth West, M.A.
- Public Policy and Public Opinion: Advocacy and Support for Stem Cell Research
- A Closer Look at Stem Cell Treatments: an ISSCR Initiative
Heather M. Rooke, Ph.D.
- Egg Donation for Stem Cell Research: How New York State Developed Its Oversight and Compensation Policies
Beth E. Roxland, J.D., M.Bioethics
- A Patient's Path Through the Maze of Stem Cell Transplantation: An Introduction to the Stem Cell
Barbara and Stephen Byer, Co-Directors, ALS WORLDWIDE
- The Missouri Stem Cell Debate and Beyond
Donn Rubin, J.D.
- How Educational Advocacy Changed Michigan Law
Sheri Mark, R.N., J.D.
- A Modern Day Story of David vs. Goliath
SECTION 3: Global Policy, Ethics and Science
- NIH Guidelines on Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research in Context: Clarity or Confusion?
Karen H. Rothenberg, J.D., M.P.A. and Michael R. Ulrich
- Policy Harmonization Through Collaboration: The Interstate Alliance on Stem Cell Research
Geoffrey P. Lomax Dr.PH., Erik J. Forsberg Ph.D., Dan Gincel, Ph.D., Debra S. Grega, Ph.D., Melissa J. Lopes J.D., Caroline J. Marshall Ph.D., Stefan Winkler, Ph.D., and Warren Wollschlager, Ph.D.
- The International Consortium of Stem Cell Networks (ICSCN)
- Banking Stem Cell Lines: An International Perspective
Glyn Stacey, Ph.D. and Lyn Healy, Ph.D.
- The Role of the International Stem Cell Initiative in Facilitating Human ES Cell Research
Peter W. Andrews, D.Phil.
- The Hinxton Group: an International Consortium on Stem Cells, Ethics & Law
Debra J.H. Mathews, Ph.D., M.A. and Alan Regenberg, M.B.E.
- Protecting What We Destroy: Human Embryo, Embryonic Stem Cells and Culture Wars in French Bioethics Laws
Evelyne Shuster, Ph.D.
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research and European Law
Winfried Kluth, Professor Dr. iur.
- The German Stem Cell Law – A Balancing Act Between the Protection of Human Embryos and the Freedom of Research?
Timo Faltus, Dipl.-Biol., Dipl.-Jur.
- North Rhine-Westphalia: A Pluripotent State
Ira Herrmann, Dipl. Biol.
- Stem Cell Research, Funding and Regulation in theUnited Kingdom: A Brief History
J Ben Sykes
- Scotland's Progress Towards Therapy
Kevin Price, M.Sc.
- Stem Cell Research in Spain
Anna Veiga, Ph.D., Angel Raya and Juan Carlos Izpisúa
- The Portuguese National Council of Ethics for the Life Sciences and the Use of Stem Cells for Research – Balancing Ethics, Science and Society
Cíntia Águas, J.D., Michel Renaud, Ph.D., and Miguel Oliveira da Silva, M.D., Ph.D.
- Stem Cell Research: Perspectives from Canada Technology Development
Andrew Lyall and Rosario M. Isasi, JD, MPH
- Stem Cell Research in Brazil: Incentives, Barriers and Perspectives
Mari Cleide Sogayar, Ph.D. and Antonio Carlos Campos de Carvalho, M.D., Ph.D.
- Small Continent, Big Ideas: Stem Cell Science in Australia
Rebecca Skinner and Megan Munsie, M.R.S., Ph.D.
- Dispatches from Singapore: Stem Cells, Regenerative Medicine and Wealth and Health Creation
Alan Colman, Ph.D., M.A.
- Stem Cell Research in Japan: Policy Changes in “The Era of iPS Cells”
Kazuto Kato, Ph.D. and Masahiro Kawakami, Ph.D.
- Stem Cell Research in Korea: Ethical and Legal Perspectives
Ock-Joo Kim, M.D., Ph.D.
- The Road to Regulation of Stem Cell Therapy: Thailand as a Model
Surapol Issaragrisil, M.D., F.R.C.P, F.A.C.P., F.R.C.P.A., F.R.C.Path and Pakpoom Kheolamai, M.D., Ph.D.
- Stem Cell Research In India – An Update
Satish Totey, M.S., D.V.M., Ph.D. and Aparna Khanna, Ph.D.
SECTION 4: US Policy, Ethics and Science
- NYSTEM: Catalyzing New York State's World Class Stem Cell Research Community
David G. Anders, Ph.D., Matthew J. Kohn, Ph.D., Yu-Fen Chou, Ph.D., Bonnie J. Brautigam, Martha G. McHugh, Judy L. Doesschate, J.D., Lawrence S. Sturman, M.D., Ph.D., Richard F. Daines, M.D.
- Wisconsin Stem Cell Science and Technology Provide Unprecedented Opportunities
- Commercialization of Stem Cell Technology: A Regeneration of Economic Development
Debra S. Grega, Ph.D. and Michael Gilkey, M.B.A., M.S.
- North Carolina: Ready for the Next 20 Years in Regenerative Medicine
Kenneth R. Tindall, Ph.D., Maria Rapoza, Ph.D. and Karen Richardson
SECTION 5: Stem Cell Research in Michigan